Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Week III Challenge II

Last week I wanted my challengers to purchase a journal to keep track of your journey of creating approachable opportunities. So I decided to turn that task into a challenge but requiring my challengers to create an approachable opportunity at the bookstore while they purchased their journal. 

It was a tough challenge! I know it was because I did the challenge along with you.  I wanted to test the theory of whether or not the bookstore really is one of the best places to approach someone.  It was a challenge but I successful confirmed that a bookstore is a good place to approach someone. 

This week, I want to give you an easy challenge.  This week, I want you to look into the eye of strangers, smile and say a greeting to as many people as you can. I chose this as a challenge because its very easy to walk pass people every day without saying a word.  However, I see no harm in saying good morning as you do your morning walk around the block or hello to the person who enters the elevator with you. 

So that's your challenge for this week. Looking forward to hearing your experiences. 

UPDATE:

Fiana's Experience - Before this challenge, I already try to give eye contact with strangers and smile.  I like going out of my way to say Good morning just so I can see the surprise in people's faces.  Alot of people are suprised to have someone say something to them and that is hilarious to me.  However, I have to make a conscious decision to do this because it's so much easier to not say anything at all.  I think, I smiled maybe about 9 out 10 times and said greeting about 8 out of times to every stranger I met this week.  What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment