Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Week II Challenge I


Challenge II: Start Monitoring Your Progress and Approach Someone at the Bookstore. 


Now that you have evaluated the amount of times you take advantage of approachable opportunties, you are now able to monitor your progress to see if there has been improvements by the end of the 8 weeks. 


This is how you can monitor your progress...

Example: 


Week 1:
Baseline Data = At the beginning of this challenge, I never took advantage of approachable opportunities.  So my baseline would be zero.

Week 2:
This week I am to create an approachable opportunity at the bookstore while shopping or while cashing out in the line.  I took the opportunity to initiate a conversation with one person who was in the line with me.  Besides this challenge I missed the chance to create an approachable opportunity when entering the elevator at work.  I was in my own thoughts and didn't even noticed when someone else entered the elevator.  So in total out of the two approachable opportunities, I took advantage of one.  Even though I missed one opportunity, I am proud of myself because I improved from zero to 50% :). 


Week II Challenge I

As you monitor your progress, you will need a notebook or journal to keep track. Your challenge this week will be to get a notebook/journal. Sounds easy right? Well, here is the catch...you got to create an approachable opportunity while purchasing your book :). 

Did you know that there are certain places that are better than others to approach someone? Yes that's right. 

One of the best places to approach someone is the Bookstore. This is not as unlikely a place as you may think. In fact, this is a great place to meet someone who shares the same interest as you do. When browsing, take notice of who is standing next to you and strike up a conversation related to the books on the shelves. If you miss out on that opportunity, another great place to approach someone is in a line. So as you wait to pay for your journal, simply making a joke "Man, this line moves slow" can be the ice breaker you need to create an approachable opportunity. 

How do you know if you have accomplished the challenge? 

When you take advantage of an approachable opportunity. You don't need to make sure it is with someone you find attractive. In fact, it doesn't have to be with the opposite sex. The goal is not to get a number for a potential suitor. The goal is to just be friendly. 

Participants please remember to document your challenge in the comment box.

Don't worry about not taking advantage of approachable opportunities.  Share your experience anyways, this is a good exercise for you to find out what you need to improve on and to find out what's stopping you from taking advantages of approachable opportunities.

If you can't comment on this blog post click here and try commenting there

Watch this video below to see how successful it was for me to do the challenge this week...


No comments:

Post a Comment